Tuesday, July 17, 2007

#33-#36 Children of the Promise Volumes 2-5

by Dean Hughes
In the interest of saving me time (since I'm behind on writing reviews) I'm combining the review for the volumes 2 through 5 of this series into one review. Plus, I don't want to tell too much about the books following book 1 because it may ruin it for anyone who wants to read the series.

In the series there are four main stories that are followed. All of them about members of the Thomas family during World War II. Alex, the eldest son, is fighting in Europe. Bobbi, the eldest daughter, is serving as a nurse in the Navy, stationed in Hawaii. Wally, the second son, is a Japanese POW. And, of course, the story of the family members who are still at home in Salt Lake City. There is also a side story of the Stolzes, a family from Germany that knew Alex before the war. I think Wally is my favorite character. I've enjoyed rereading this series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home