Sunday, March 18, 2007

#26 Mansfield Park

by Jane Austen

Another quick Austen book. I listened to this book on my way back from visiting my family over Spring Break. It didn't take long at all to finish. It was a nice story, but somewhat predictible...but maybe that's because I've read all of Austen's books except one. I still enjoyed it, and it did have many different twists in the plot from her other books. For instance, the heroin, Fanny, is in love with Edward from the beginning (I guess Austen doesn't explicitly say she's in love, but she implies it), and Edward is actually in love with someone else. I now only have Emma to read and I'll have read all of Austen's novels...I think.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 5:48:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

Wow, another Austen book. You will be sooooo ready for Austenland next month. It is coming in April, isn't it? I've still only read P&P - maybe next classic challenge I'll read another.

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 5:51:00 PM MDT, Blogger Alyson said...

I am ready for Austenland to come out, but I'm pretty sure it's not coming out until the beginning of May. I'm going to have to check on that.

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 10:22:00 PM MDT, Blogger Framed said...

I pre-ordered Austenland and thought I would get it in May. Whatever, I totally think you are ready to visit.

 
At Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 6:51:00 AM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my least favourite Austen book. I only read it once and as far as I can rememer (it was a long time ago) Fanny really got on my nerves :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home