Monday, April 10, 2006

#4 Peppertide

by Jack Weyland

This is an old book that I'm pretty sure I read when I was about 13 or 14. It is so old that I couldn't find a picture of it on the web anywhere. I picked it because I remember enjoying a few Jack Weyland books when I was younger, and this was the only one we had in the house. It was very simple and an easy read. It was okay and the story was heartwarming, but the depth of the characters and the plot were lacking. I wish we would have had a copy of Charlie because I think that would have been a better choice from this author.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 8:42:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

After reading some well written novels it's sometimes hard to enjoy pure fluff, isn't it? I remember reading this book years ago, too. I liked it then.

 
At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of Weyland books that I like are "A New Dawn" and "Brenda at the Prom". Not your straight love story types. But I have no problem with fluff. I'm basically a mindless reader. Although I'm getting better by reading the ones everyone suggests. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home