Tuesday, July 17, 2007

#38 The Well of Lost Plots

by Jasper Fforde

This is the third book in the Thursday Next Series. As usual, Jasper Fforde's writting was extremely creative. In this book, Thursday, who is normally a literary detective in England's Special Ops, is in hiding within the book world. She only went in to hiding until her child is born; otherwise she would be out finding a way to get her husband back. Thursday is serving as an agent for jurisfiction, the policing agent for the book world. Other agents start turning up dead or go missing. She believes these incidents are not accidents and that they are connected, but she doesn't know who she can trust.

I still think the first book in the series was the best, but I enjoyed this one a lot.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 12:41:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

The 3rd was my least favorite and the 2nd was my favorite. Fforde is definitely a clever author. I really enjoyed book 1 and 4, too. I saw that his next one in the series came out on July 24. More fun to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home