Thursday, April 27, 2006

#7 The Tale of Desperaux

Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread
by Kate DiCamillo

This is a wonderful story. I really enjoyed it, and loved that it was a quick read. This WILL be a story I read to my children at bedtime when they are between 5 and 10 (that is if and when I have children). I think it is perfect because the chapters are short and moral is great. There are some wonderful lessons about courage and doing what is right. It is an interesting and fun book that I would definitely recommend.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 2:18:00 PM MDT, Blogger Framed said...

She wrote "Because of Winn Dixie" which I really liked so I will have to try Desperaux. You can see that I now have a blog which I will probably never use because it is too complicated for me.

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2006 at 9:22:00 PM MDT, Blogger Alyson said...

Framed - are you who I think you are? I think you are a regular poster, but never had a blog of your own, or a profile for that matter. Plus, you are the RS Pres. Am I right? Are you who I think you are?

 
At Monday, May 1, 2006 at 10:09:00 AM MDT, Blogger Cassie said...

I'll answer for framed and say that yes, she is who you think she is. she likes to play little anonimity games apparently.

 
At Monday, May 1, 2006 at 1:42:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

I loved that little, daring mouse as well. I went to framed's page, to welcome her, but no post yet so I'll welcome her to the world of blogging right here.

 
At Sunday, May 7, 2006 at 3:27:00 PM MDT, Blogger Framed said...

Who else do you know who is such a computer klutz but still hangs in there? I used to think I was relatively intelligent and could learn things, but all that takes effort. I did finally create a post and I am exhausted. But I am brimming with ideas. If they stick with me, I may do another post. Cassie, anonymity wasn't the goal, I was just trying to fit in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home