Saturday, May 27, 2006

#11 Odd Thomas

by Dean Koontz

What a creatively written book! It was thrilling and funny. The main character, a 20 year old guy named Odd Thomas, is such an interesting and loveable character. The book deals with his gift of being able to see dead people; which he wishes he didn't have because of all the complications it brings. He feels compelled/obligated to use his gift to help others. He simplifies every other part of his life to try to balance his rational and paramormal lives. I really enjoyed the fact that Elvis's ghost visits him often. I think this book is excellent, and I would recommend it strongly. You may not like paranormal things, but this isn't your run of the mill paranormal novel. I would have probably never chosen to read a book about someone who sees dead people (my mom recommended it), but Dean Koontz does such an excellent job that I found myslef engulfed in the story. Thanks mom for the great recommendation!!

2 Comments:

At Friday, June 2, 2006 at 10:19:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I enjoyed you reminding me of parts that I didn't remember.

 
At Thursday, June 8, 2006 at 1:11:00 PM MDT, Blogger Cassie said...

Sounds interesting. I've never been interested in reading Dean Koontz, no particular reason but maybe I'll give him a try sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home