Sunday, August 06, 2006

#14 The Peacegiver

by James L. Ferrell

I have a post that reviews this book on my other blog. Refer to The Peacegiver on Innuce. I do want to include a few more quotes that I love; this book is absolutely full of them.

"The difficulty of life itself is a blessing! he realized. For it initiates a desire within us to come to the Lord - a yearning we can feel even when we are blinded by sin!"

"You don't discover love by demanding love from others. You discover it by learning to love others yourself. Unless you find a way to love, my love, or anyone else's, won't help you. You discover love by learning to love others. There is no other way."

"At least in one sense, 'righteousness' is simply a humble understanding of how unrighteous one is, coupled with a deep commitment to be better. The truth leaves no room for fellings of superiority. Such feelings are nothing but lying vanities."

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. My favorite quote is in my other blog, so make sure you go to the link I put above to read it. You should all read this amazing book. It's a quick read, and the only thing really difficult about it (at least for me) was the realization of how many things I was doing wrong because I didn't understand the atonement fully.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM MDT, Blogger Booklogged said...

I really should read this someday. It's the 'should' part that keeps it towards the bottom of the list.

 
At Monday, August 7, 2006 at 7:33:00 PM MDT, Blogger Framed said...

Great quotes. I don't know why I don't read more church books. I'm just a heathen, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home