Sunday, August 20, 2006

#16 Devil's Corner

by Lisa Scottoline

I listened to this book on tape while driving to the city to look for an apartment. Forgive me if this is a small review. I didn't have time to write it until months after listening to this book. I wanted to include it on my list for future reference.


At the beginning of the book, the heroine, Vicki Allegretti, goes with an ATF agent to speak to an informant on the case she is working on. The agent gets killed, and Vicki can't leave the investigation to the ATF; despite many warnings to leave it alone. She meets a woman named Raheema, who's mother was killed in a drug-related murder that Vicki suspects is related. The two women are completely different and make for some humorous reading while they try to work together to solve the case.


I enjoyed this book because of its suspense and humorous aspects. It made a great book to listen to while driving.

1 Comments:

At Friday, January 19, 2007 at 7:02:00 PM MST, Blogger Framed said...

This is the only Scottoline book I've read and I really liked it as well. I loved the opening sentence. You can read my review here: http://2006bookreviewsbyframed.blogspot.com/2006/11/devils-corner-by-lisa-scottoline.html

I liked your review. I'm always interested in how the narration was done on a Book CD. Did the narrator fit the book?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home